Forum Discussion

MaryEllenWhitak
Community Member
2 years ago

Articulate 360 Install Error: 80070643

Cannot get update to Storyline to install. Have checked all Windows 11 updates which are fine, installed Visual Studio and .NET versions are good.

Need this urgently for a work product, anyone have a plan of remediation?

• Hello Mary Ellen, 

Thanks for reaching out! 

The error you encountered indicates that your user does not have sufficient privileges to perform the update installation on your computer. Please ask your IT staff to run the update procedure using admin rights to see if this helps. 

Alternatively, you can download the most recent version of Storyline 360 from the link below if you'd like to manually install the update: 

https://360.articulate.com/downloads/all

Hope this helps!

StevenBenassi
      Staff

Hi Donna!

Happy to help!

As my teammate Joe shared, this type of error message is solely related to a permissions issue. To clarify, is this your first time installing the Articulate 360 desktop apps on your machine? The first installation of the Articulate 360 desktop app on each computer requires admin privileges. After that, users can install updates for the Articulate 360 desktop app and the authoring apps without needing admin privileges.

If you're still running into trouble, please connect with our support engineers through a support case. They'd be happy to continue troubleshooting with you!

StevenBenassi
      Staff

Hi Lorena!

Sorry to hear you've also run into this setback!

I see that you've also opened a support case that's been received by our senior support engineers. You're in excellent hands troubleshooting with them, and they should be getting in touch with you shortly!

We can continue the conversation through your case to keep all information in one spot.

• Hi Steven,

I just wanted to jump in on this as I am having a similar issue...

For whatever reason SL360 will not open for me at all. I get a loading icon for a second or two and nothing happens. I've restarted my device numerous times which hasn't worked so I thought I would go ahead and uninstall/re-install to see if that helped but when I attempt to uninstall via the Articulate 360 app I get an error message with the "80070643" code appearing.

It's strange as it states it may be due to insufficient space but I have plenty and also I've updated the software countless times with no issues...

I have multiple project deadlines due this week so this is a real inconvenience.

I have submitted a support ticket, but just seeing on the off chance if anyone can recommend anything I may not have thought about in the meantime as I'm really up against it.

Thanks in advance!

StevenBenassi
      Staff

Hi Niall!

Sorry to hear you've also been affected by this issue!

Great move on opening a support case! I see it's being handled by my teammates, Amlan and Darrell. It looks like Darrell replied to your e-mail sharing insight into this behavior. I'll update your case with the feedback you shared here to keep Darrell in the loop!

We can continue the conversation through your case to keep all information in one spot.