Forum Discussion

KarenHymel-f398
Community Member
3 months ago

Articulate Rise- Videos Must Watch

I'm trying to set up a course in Articulate Rise where they must watch all the videos before moving on. I do have a continue block that says complete the content before moving on, but it's letting them skip through some of the videos. How do I fix that? Allow Forward seeking is unchecked.

• Are the videos embedded from a different site?

If they are embedded, there's no way for Rise to know if the viewed is viewed or not. Thus the continue button will unlock as soon as the block loads.

If the video is an uploaded video into a Rise video block, then it should work.

• Its an uploaded video from Camtasia, not embedded, but the learner is able to skip or watch part and it marks them complete.

• I recorded a demo to confirm the steps:

1. Insert video block
    2. Upload video
    3. Deselect forward seeking
    4. Insert continue divider block
    5. Set block to lock until block above is complete

Confirm those are the steps and it's set correctly. It should work if the video is uploaded into a video block. If it's not, then there's a technical issue and our support staff can assist.

• I have the same problem with embedded links from Vimeo. I am in the process of changing my embedded videos and uploading them to video blocks. Is there a size limit to the video for the video blocks? Some of my video lectures are pretty large.