Forum Discussion

ChristianMurphy
Community Member
2 years ago

Audio clips in slides reset to beginning when slide paused

We've encountered a strange glitch recently.  We believe it is tied to a recent Storyline update and only occurs on our LMS (not on the review site) when we publish a training in Web format.  

We have a lot of audio files that serve as voiceover throughout our training.  If a user pauses the training in the Storyline player for any period of time and then restarts the training, the video starts up where it slide was paused BUT the audio RESETS to the beginning of whatever audio file it had been playing when it is paused.  This causes the audio and video to be off.  In some cases audio clips begin to overlap other audio clips that happen later on the slide.

We have two licenses.  My colleague has consistently kept her Storyline 360 app updated to the latest version.  On my license, I am currently only on the December 22, 2022 version 3.71.29339.0.  Ironically when I publish my files to Web format I do not run into the same audio errors that my colleague has encountered.

Is this an issue that has been reported before?

SandeepGadam
    Community Member

Hello Christian, have you tried enabling the slide properties to "reset to initial state" while revisiting and "hide other slide layers". I guess this could solve your problem.

Let me know if this works!!

• Thanks, Sandeep. I'll have my colleague look at that.

I still think this may be a version/build issue since my Storyline version hasn't been updated since December and she has the most recent June update.  Strangely, something happens to the file seemingly only when my colleague works on it.  We work on two different devices.  We can have the same file and it publishes without the audio glitch for me but with the audio glitch for my colleague.  Also, interestingly the glitch doesn't occur for either of our files when either of us publishes to the Storyline review site.  Just when she publishes to Web or SCORM.

• Hi Christian,

Great idea to open a case! I see you've connected with my teammate, Lejan. I encourage you to continue troubleshooting with him so that we can find a fix.

Enjoy the rest of your day!

• Can anyone share what the resolution was to this issue?

Our team is now experiencing the same issue on courses when playing them in our LMS. It happens no matter what browser we use to open the LMS, and we've ruled out the trouble-shooting tips suggested earlier in this thread.

Articulate 360 and Storyline 360 apps are all up-to-date on our PCs.

Thank you.

EricSantos
      Staff

Hi Suzanne,

Happy to help! Can you please share what LMS you're using to publish the course? Christian's case above was related to a certain platform.

Please connect with us in a support case so we can determine whether your experience is something similar or a different issue altogether. We'll reach out soon after we hear from you.

• Hi, Eric,

Thanks for your response.

Our organization uses SuccessFactors as an LMS.

One of our team members had already created an Articulate support case (#00859206) and received a response. All of our course settings are correct, and the course functions as expected in SCORM Cloud. Response on the ticket suggested it may be an issue with our LMS provider.

While we're continuing to work with our LMS provider, I still would be interested in the outcome of the issues described earlier in the thread if possible. Might give our team some additional insight.

• Thank you for sharing your LMS information, Suzanne! Christian was using Microsoft Azure, a cloud computing platform that is not an LMS but more like a Web Server. Their project worked with our test site, Amazon Web Services, so it's more like a version compatibility issue with Azure.

I appreciate you opening a support case with the Storyline file. It seems your project is working when tested in SCORM Cloud, so my colleague Janina suggested an issue with your LMS provider. Did you observe the behavior after a Storyline update, or is it something that has persisted with the older versions?

If you or your LMS administrator require additional information, feel free to reply to Janina's email in the support case.

• Thank you for the additional information, Eric. 

We first noticed this issue last week when publishing new content to our LMS. We also discovered this same issue was happening with older courses that had been published months ago using previous versions of Storyline 360. We've never encountered this before last week.

My colleagues will continue working with our LMS provider to find a solution. I really appreciate your quick response here in the discussion thread.

EricSantos
      Staff

You're most welcome, Suzanne! Something might have changed with SuccessFactors since the time it worked well. Let us know if they need any more information from us.