Forum Discussion

SharonGoza-f625
Community Member
5 months ago

Bug with Else?

Has anyone else tried to set something to a variable on the Else  portion of a trigger and only been able to set it to a number?

Including a picture of my Trigger Wizard box.

• It seems there might be a bug. I succeeded in assigning another numerical variable to 'Slider', and it works ok, but I'm unable to consistently replicate this behavior (pic 1). Additionally, it appears to be encountering the same issue with any trigger involving any other variable within the 'Else' statement, regardless of when it's intended to occur (pic 2).

• But the variable I want to assign to it is a numerical variable so it should be legal, either that or don't allow the option in the pull down.  I suppose this is my programming background getting the best of me. 

EricSantos
      Staff

Hi Sharon and everyone,

Thanks for bringing this to our attention and for sharing your investigation results! I also tested a new Storyline project using the latest version, Update 87. Unfortunately, when assigning an "Adjust Variable" trigger to a variable, I can confirm your findings regarding erratic behavior in an Else clause. This issue has been reported earlier, and our engineering team is aware of it.

I've included this post in the bug report, so you'll be notified once the fix is available.

AndrewHanley
    Community Member

Ah I misunderstood from your explanation. I now see what you mean.
    Yeah, looks like a bug.

• this is not a problem of the else trigger, it's a problem with the slider

with the slider move trigger you cannot change the position the same slider

StevenBenassi
      Staff

Hi Caitlin!

Sorry to hear you've also been affected by this issue!

As my teammate Eric shared, we have this behavior logged as a bug in Storyline 360. Not to worry! I've included you in the bug report and will update this discussion as soon as a fix is in place.

Thank you for your patience. I'm sorry if this has been slowing you down!