Forum Discussion

WebmasterWelcom
Community Member
7 months ago

Error when embedding youtube video

Hello

We are having a problem with embedded videos from Rise with some of the latest updates.
We show YouTube videos in the elearning courses but since the course is loaded in several iframes and they are in different domains, Rise always gave us this error:
Video is not available
This video cannot be viewed on this domain

We discovered a trick so that they would be displayed correctly and that was to put the label:
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/xxxxxx" referrerpolicy="no-referrer" ....></iframe>

With the referrerpolicy tag we managed to make the videos embedded in Rise visible, but we have recently been informed that they are no longer visible. We have been investigating and we see that now when publishing a course in Rise, even if you put that label in the iframe, Rise does not put it and removes it and of course that causes the courses not to be seen.

Is this a new behavior or is it a bug in the latest versions?

Thank you so much

KarlMuller
    Community Member

My experience when there are problems with YouTube videos that worked in the past but no longer do, it's because the video owner has changed the permissions, e.g. they no longer allow embedding their videos in other sites.

• Hi Karl

In this case it is not a problem that the author of the video does not allow the video to be embedded.
    I have a course published with an old version of RISE and the video works correctly using the referrerpolicy tag and now with the new version of RISE I load the same video with the same iframe code and publish it and it no longer works. I have inspected with the browser developer tools and I see that in the old video the "referrerpolicy" tag is maintained but in the new one published the tag is not there, RISE eliminates it. That's why now the trick has stopped working and we can't embed YouTube videos.

Greetings and thank you