Forum Discussion

NikolaNauen
Community Member
3 months ago

Evaluation siide counts the result multiple times

Good evening.
I built an e-learning with an adaptive approach.
A pre-test is intended to determine what level of learning the user is at.
There are 10 questions and the evaluation slide determines how many questions were answered correctly.
If I look at the answers again, the system starts counting all the slides viewed as correct, so that when I call up the evaluation slide again, for example, I have answered 16/10 questions correctly. That is not possible. The maxium are 10 Points. 
How can I limit the variables so that each question only counts once during the pre-test?
In the design I have set that there is only one attempt at a time. 
Thank you!
  • Based on the description, it sounds like each question has a trigger that adds 1 to the "correct" total if the question was answered correctly. That's fine—as long as the user can't repeat whatever makes the trigger run if they return to the question slide. But if the trigger can rerun, then, yes, the total could = more than the number of questions. 

Here are two possible ways to control this:

• Add conditions to the triggers so that the trigger will only fire once. 
    • Change your approach. For example:
      • Create a T/F variable for each question, with a default value of False.
      • On each question, adjust the corresponding variable to True if the user answered correctly.
      • On the evaluation/results slide, use triggers that add 1 to the total variable with the condition that the corresponding variable = True. 

This troubleshooting is just guessing without seeing the .story file. If you upload it, someone might be able to solve the issue. Here are the best practices for doing that:

• Only include slides that are related to the problem.
    • Be sure objects, layers, motion paths, and variables have meaningful names.
    • If there is proprietary content, replace or delete it. For example, replace proprietary text with “ipsum lorem” text.