Forum Discussion

ChristenHenn986
Community Member
2 months ago

Help with 360 degree images in Storyline

I'm working on an escape room using 360 images but I'm running into the problem of not being able to easily edit the 360 image.

I figured I could create layers for each object they should find and then connect it to a trigger in the image. So, for example, if the user clicked on a computer in the 360 image it might cause a layer to pop up with a message or document on the computer.

Here’s the problem: the only way I can figure to mark the object in the 360 image in order to make the triggers are to put a hotspot or marker. I'm afraid this would make it too obvious by basically flagging the objects they are to find.

Aside from putting extra hotspots or markers as distractors, does anyone know any workarounds?

AndrewHanley
    Community Member

Hi Christen,

Im not 100% sure of the issue, so forgive me if I have it wrong. But it sounds like you want to create clickable areas on a 360 image and for these to NOT be shown in any way to the users?

We can definitely do that! :)

Ive created a nifty screenshot to show you...

I prefer HOTSPOTS for the sort of interaction you are describing, they can be positioned exactly how you want - even skewed to fit perfectly.

After you create your hotspot (or marker), go to the INTERACTION tab, then you want to UNTICK the "Reveal Hotspots" and "Pulse Hotspots" options.

Now the hotspots/markers will be invisible to your users until they click them.

Does that help at all?

• Yes! I think it does. I couldn’t figure out how to make the hotspots invisible. Thanks so much! I’ll be trying this this weekend.