Forum Discussion

TimGray-aafd4c0
Community Member
10 years ago

Hyperlinks not working when using States

Hello, I'm fairly new to Storyline.  I'm having issues with 4 separate hyperlinks each in its own text box.  I want the viewer to visit each hyperlink in succession the hyperlinks that are not clickable by the user will appear grayed out.  I used states to have only hyperlink #1 initially available, then when clicked it changes hyperlink #2 state from grayed out and no link to the default normal state.  The state changes to represent the default text that appears to be a hyperlink but the trouble is when clicked no action is taken.  If I remove the states for the hyper link the link action works as intended. 

I've reviewed other similar issues with hyperlinks and have implemented a work around using hot spots that Ashley Terwilliger talked about, but disabling the hot spot to prevent premature clicking is not something I know how to do.  

• Hello everyone!

I have some great news to share. We just released another update for Storyline 360. In Build 3.80.30988.0, we've included important fixes and new features.

One of the bugs we've fixed is: 

• Arabic hyperlinks, hyperlinks in states, and triggers that referenced hyperlinks might not work

Launch the Articulate 360 desktop app on your computer to take advantage of this update, and click the Update button next to Storyline 360. You'll find our step-by-step instructions here.

Please let me know if you need additional help!

• Hi BJ, 

Thanks so much for reaching out. We don't have any updates at this time. We'll be sure to share any news with this thread.

In the meantime, we'd be happy to take a look at your project within a support case.

Hope this helps!

GregNagy
    Community Member

Just adding myself on here as I have the same issue and would like to get updated emails from this thread.  Thanks-

ClaireWeaver
    Community Member

Adding myself in this conversation because we are having issues with hyperlink not changing state after being visited. We also noticed that trying to apply the Hyperlink Style to the hyperlink text using the Styles dropdown, it doesn't work if we already have List style applied to the same line of text where they hyperlink is presented. If you have multiple hyperlinks presented in a LIST within same text box, only the last link in the text box changes state after visiting. The workaround of placing the hyperlinks in their own text box so the states work as they should is not a solution for all instances where our client wants a link to appear in line with the associated text. Any idea when we can expect these issues to be resolved? 

StevenBenassi
      Staff

Hi Claire!

Thanks for sharing the feedback! Sorry to hear you've been experiencing this issue as well!

We don't have any updates to share yet, but will update this thread as soon as we do! I've just added your voice to the report. If you're willing to share a copy of your project file here or privately by opening a support case we'd be happy to take a look and see how this bug is affecting your course.

• I am also running into this issue.

I have a text box that, in normal state, has a few lines of text. I then added a custom state that displays when the user clicks a button the screen. 

In the custom state, there is a new line of text added (along with some other things that work fine). The new line of text is a hyperlink. It does not work and there is no indication that it is a link when you mouse over it. 

JoseTansengco
      Staff

Hi Christa,

While we don't have any new updates to share regarding the status of the bug, I wanted to recommend trying these workarounds that worked for some of our other users who ran into this behavior: 

• Place the text with a hyperlink in the text or shape in the slide instead of adding it inside the object's state.
      • If the customer prefers the text to be inside a state, add a hotspot on the slide that opens the link when a user clicks on it.

We're sorry to hear that you ran into this issue, and we'll be sure to let you know as soon as a fix is released. 

ChristaNovelli-
        Community Member

I wound up using a workaround for now. Here's what I did in case it helps anyone else:

I put a text box (#1) on the screen with the info I needed.

I put a second text box (#2) exactly behind the first one (below it on the timeline). The second text box has the link and the other changes that would have happened in the state.

When the user clicks a button, it changes the state of #1 to hidden. That makes #2 now visible and the link in it works fine.

• Hello everyone!

I have some great news to share. We just released another update for Storyline 360. In Build 3.80.30988.0, we've included important fixes and new features.

One of the bugs we've fixed is: 

• Arabic hyperlinks, hyperlinks in states, and triggers that referenced hyperlinks might not work

Launch the Articulate 360 desktop app on your computer to take advantage of this update, and click the Update button next to Storyline 360. You'll find our step-by-step instructions here.

Please let me know if you need additional help!

BrettConlon
    Community Member

That's awesome news - thanks for letting us know, Eric!

I just tested it and it worked great (sample course attached)!

Now, can we please next get the overlapping issues in States addressed? That's a bigger issue for me...

THANKS, Brett