Forum Discussion

SimoneSchimitt
Community Member
2 years ago

Importing closed captions

Hi everyone,

After converting a txt file to SRT and even Sub extensions, and trying to import the file in two different ways, I still couldn't be succeed. 

I also made sure to have the project into local drive as well as the video and SRT file. And even though, when I import nothing happens.

Does anybody have ever had this problem or have a solution? I'm spending a lot of time to insert manually...

• Hi Simone,

I'm sorry you've hit this roadblock; I'm happy to help! 

If your caption file has the same name as your video file and is stored in the same folder with the video, it will automatically import into Storyline 360 when you import the video. Have you tried renaming the caption file so it has the same name as the related video file, then reimporting the video to Storyline?

If this won't work, would you be willing to share a copy of your video and caption files here or privately through a support case so we can find out what's happening? We'll delete them when we're done testing!

Thanks for your patience!

SimoneParode
      Community Member

Hi Eric, I'm so sorry to delay my reply.
      I've been overloaded with a very tight timeframe to finish up the project.
      Indeed, I haven't name the file according to the vídeo's file name. But infortunately, It didn't work.
      In order to hurry, I upload the vídeo files in the SONIX app, and there I exported the SRT file. So, this was the faaster way I found to solve the issue.
      The problem was that I had a word document with the text transcription on it, and when I tried to convert into SRT it did'nt work.

Thank you so much for your help, anyways.

Kind regards

• Hi, Simone!

I'm so glad to hear that you were able to solve this issue and thanks for sharing your workaround with the community. If you run into this issue again, please let us know and we'll be happy to help troubleshoot!

• Hello Eric and Kelly,

Unfortunately, I have also uploaded video and SRT file to be embedded each other.

Please also help with many thanks

JoseTansengco
      Staff

Hello BSIThailand Bangkok,

Sorry to hear that you ran into a similar issue. I'd like to ask a few questions to help clarify your experience:

1. Are you seeing any error messages when attempting to add captions to your video file?
      2. Did you follow the steps in this article when adding your subtitle file?

Additionally, would you be willing to share a copy of your video and subtitle files here or in private by opening a support case so we can attempt to reproduce the behavior? We'll delete it when we're done testing!

SimoneParode
        Community Member

I'm no longer in the company. But thanks anyway for trying to help.

Obter o Outlook para Android