Forum Discussion

GaryKenyon
Community Member
10 years ago

"Pause timeline on This Layer" pauses the timeline on every layer.

Hi, has anyone else run into this issue?

I have two layers, both have objects with exit animations, I pause their timelines before we reach those exit animations. When I click a button to show the other layer, whilst one is already open, it pauses both of them.

Any help would be much appreciated.

• The only workarround for this bug that worked for me, is the following.
    Is not the ideal, but works.

For example.

If you stop the main timeline on a specific time or cuepoint, you have to place a "Resume timeline" for each layer you need to keep playing.

DolandRuiz
      Community Member

This works. Simply add a Resume Timeline in the same trigger on the main timeline immediately after the Pause Timeline. I thought it would hikkup with  an audible micro-pause but it doesn't. STILL, @Articulate can you fix this? It's been at least 6 years.

• I feel you @chief regarding this problem.

I am programming a game for a really trascendent client and, in the way it was giving me troubles, one of the solutions posted here solved it.

https://www.logicalimagination.com/articles/2018/1/Audio%20Problems%20in%20Storyline

But sadly the "Pause timeline in this layer"  affects all slides.

The only way to solve it so far, is to call the actions/layers/animations after the main timeline stops, that way the layer is not affected by the "Pause timeline in this layer" action.

• Hi, John!

Thanks for reaching out and I'm sorry to hear you're experiencing an issue!

It would be helpful to get some more details about what you're running into and look at your file if you're comfortable sharing it with our team. You can upload it here or privately in a support case, and we'll delete it from our systems once troubleshooting is complete!

MarkHall-041e49
      Community Member

This seems to have come the the wrong email? No idea what you are referring
      too.

Please remove this email from the account.

Regards

• Seems like Mark has moved on from Storyline within the last six years. I wonder how many other users have switched. And what really are viable contenders to Storyline anymore?