Forum Discussion

KarenScott-003a
Community Member
2 years ago

Pixelated Video in Replay

When I open a video in replay, the image is distorted and pixelated. Thankfully when I published the video as an MP4, it's fine. But I can't see anything when looking in Replay. I have uninstalled and reinstalled Replay and that seems to have worked in the short term (about 2 weeks ago). But opening Replay today is showing the same issue. I don't want to have to keep uninstalling and reinstalling Replay. I have attached an image for reference.

• Hello,

I also encountered this problem today.

I screen-recorded a video on Replay and saved the project. It was working well at that time. Then I came back to the project and I got a pixelated file.

I tried to see if it was my file, but even when I imported a video file I recorded using a camera it showed up as pixelated. 

Like Karen, I also saved an mp4 version beforehand and that is okay. 

What is going on? Please see the screenshot. 

• Thank you Joe!

I agree that I should be able to close out and reopen my projects without any issues. I have tried the troubleshooting suggestions with no success. I will be putting in a case with the support team. I am also checking with 2 of my colleagues that use Articulate to see if they are having issues. I was recently given a new laptop so I'm wondering if that is part of the issue.

• Hi Lauren!

My apologies - it's not the video that is the issue - it's the Replay file. When I start a new Replay project, I either import a video or record my screen directly in Replay. Everything is clear and it all works. The issue comes in when I save the Replay file and reopen it. That is when everything is pixelated. I'm not even sure pixelated is the right word - the image that I attached in my original post is what I see. So when I start a project, I either need to finish it in one sitting (which isn't always possible) or just never close it (which is also not really possible). When I publish the replay file as an MP4, it does work and looks perfectly fine - which is great but hard to make any edits or adjustments. It is just when I am working in Replay. This is for any existing Replay file that I have.

• Hello Karen!

Thanks for reaching out! Have you tried importing any other videos? If so, are they all pixelated?

It would be helpful to see your project. Do you mind sending us the video that you're importing? You can attach it to this discussion or privately in a support case.