Forum Discussion

CurtisKrone
Community Member
20 hours ago

Popups launched via 360 degree image crashing

When accessing popups via a 360 degree environment, the screen will crash after selecting a few items now.  It doesn't matter which items they are.  This used to not happen.  Any ideas why?

• Hello CurtisKrone! I haven't seen this behavior before, so it would be helpful to see your project file. Do you mind attaching the .story file to this discussion or privately in a support case?  While we test your file, you might consider trying to import the file into a new project to see if it helps.

CurtisKrone
      Community Member

LaurenConnellyPlease clarify what you mean by "importing the file into a new project."  My project is over 2 gigs and it's fairly involved so it's not something that can be "imported" easily. 

KellyAuner
        Staff

Hi CurtisKrone,

Happy to jump in!

Here's how to import your slides into a new Storyline project:

1. Open a new Storyline project, then go to the File tab on the ribbon, scroll to Import, and click Storyline
        2. Browse to the Storyline file you want to import and click Open
        3. Storyline will display thumbnail images for all slides in the project file, divided into scenes. Select the slides you want to import
          • By default, all slides will be imported unless you choose otherwise. You can tell which slides are selected by their blue outline
        4. Use the Insert into scene drop-down list at the bottom of the window to choose where the imported slides should appear in your course
          • The default option, Same as imported project, creates a new scene for each scene you import and names each scene with the same name it has in the original project
        5. Click Import to complete the process

Please let us know if that does the trick or if you need help attaching your file!

CurtisKrone
      Community Member

To troubleshoot, I downloaded previous versions of Storyline.  All the newer ones were problematic until I used the version from July 30th.  With the July 30th version it didn't crash, but the new bug was that it wouldn't return to the same spot on the 360 degree image.  It would always return to the same spot regardless of where the marker was located.