Forum Discussion

TristaTodd-cc61
Community Member
2 days ago

Quiz not pulling from all question banks

I have created question banks in my quiz each containing several questions and an assigned number of questions that can be pulled from each bank. The questions are set to random shuffle and do not have any locked questions at this time. 
However, after taking/trialing the quiz several times, I noticed that some banks are not pulled from at all. Besides locking specific questions to ensure that they are presented to the learner during the quiz, is there a way to ensure that a certain number of questions are pulled from each bank?  If I want to be sure 5 questions from each bank are presented and the only way to do it is to lock 5 questions in, then they will be the same 5 that appear each time voiding the random shuffle feature by default.

Any guidance would be great!

• Hello TristaTodd-cc61,

Happy to help!

One way to ensure all your question banks are drawn from is to include all the question banks in your courses' navigation. You also don't need to change anything in the "Include in Shuffle" column if you intend to include all of your questions in the possible draw. You just need to specify the number of questions to include when the draw occurs and to ensure that your learner takes the quiz.

Feel free to share a copy of your project file here or privately by opening a support case so we can check how your question banks are configured. We'll let you know if we spot a section that's possibly getting skipped!