Forum Discussion

JonathanPayne
Community Member
7 months ago

Resetting Triggers on a Slide

Hi all.

Is there a way to "reset" triggers on a slide? I have a trigger that shows a specific layer when the user clicks outside of a specific hotspot. I want the layer to be able to be shown multiple times if necessary. So user clicks outside of hotspot, layer shows. User clicks outside of hotspot, layer shows again. And so on. Is this possible? Thanks!

• Jonathan, Good thinking, but you don't have to create that trigger. The layer has a properties setting to hide when the timeline ends.

FYI, what was happening was that the content was fading, but the layer continued to show because it wasn't hidden. so clicking the hotspot again didn't seem to have an effect, because it was showing a layer that was already showing.

• As long as people have access to the area to click the trigger should work continuously (assuming you don't have some other trigger or condition that overrides it).

• OK. I have a hotspot over a button the user needs to click on screen. If they don't click the hotspot, it shows a layer that has a highlight box that acts as a hint. The highlight box has a fade in/out animations on it. The trigger works when I click outside of the hotspot once. But when I click outside of it again, the highlight doesn't show. I've attached a screenshot that shows a bit more.

• Also, I do have another object trigger on the slide as well to advance to the next slide when the hotspot is clicked. If that makes a difference.

• Good question. I honestly don't know. What's a common method people use for closing the layer? I'm honestly kind of learning Storyline 360 on the fly.

• I figured it out! I just put a hide layer trigger on the layer itself for when the timeline on the layer ends. That seems to be working. Thanks Tom!

• Thanks Walt! I looked in the properties but must've completely missed that.