Forum Discussion

CarolynChris410
Community Member
2 years ago

Rise Character and Dialogue

Hi all

I'm creating a course in Rise and would like to have a two character dialogue i.e. one asks a question, then another replies.  Does anyone know if this is possible in Rise?  I know it can be done in Storyline, but I'm using Rise for this project.

I'm self taught so any help is much appreciated.

Kind regards

Carolyn

BWoods
    Former Staff

Hi Carolyn and welcome to the community!

While the scenario block in Rise 360 may not work for a two-character dialogue, there are a few other approaches you could use instead.

• This article shares five ways to create scenarios in Rise 360. Just skip the first example (the scenario block) and check out the other four. These examples only show one character, but since these approaches just use images it would be easy to add in a second character.
    • This article shows two other approaches to building scenarios in Rise 360 that could work as well. The first involves branching choices and the second uses images and different interaction blocks to make the content engaging.
    • And don't forget you can always take advantage of the Storyline block too. Build your scenario interaction in Storyline 360, then embed it in your Rise 360 course by adding a Storyline block.