Forum Discussion

DarrenNash
Community Member
4 years ago

Rise support for Arabic

I have put this into the feature request again. This has been asked for a lot and it is crucial now, Support for the Arabic language. I could lose large contracts as courses are required in 17 languages and one is Arabic. This is the one that is the most time consuming and difficult to get right. Even changing from left to right alignment does not work as the sentences then get reversed and full stops and other punctuation still behaves from left to right where the full stop still shows at the wrong end of a sentence. Very frustrating now. No hacks or workarounds etc should be required. it should work.

• Hi Darren,

I hear how frustrating it is that Rise 360 doesn't support right-to-left languages right now. I really appreciate you sharing how important this feature is for your projects. If I get any updates that will help, I'll certainly let you know. 

hazelB
      Staff

No updates yet, but we will make sure to update this thread once we make changes that will help!

SusanneWrage-a6
        Community Member

From what I've seen in other discussions, the feature has been requested for over 5 years now. It's quite frustrating that there is no tangible progress on the topic. I realize that the issue "only" affects a small number of languages, but it does affect a large number of learners. 

StevenBenassi
      Staff

Hi Thomas!

Thanks for reaching out and sharing the feedback!

I've included your voice in the Feature Report and will update this thread if it makes it onto our feature roadmap!