Forum Discussion

EdwardDeveloper
Community Member
7 years ago

Rise Video Poster Frame

Request/idea for future release: could you enable the addition of a poster frame to videos in Rise? It would add a level of polish to the videos. I know that I can add images manually to the beginning of the video files, but it's a clunky process. 

SarahEdnay
    Community Member

Could you say why it isn't on the roadmap, when it's been asked for such a lot, this is the second thread I found about it. If you told us why it is too hard to do, people may be more accepting. I am in the first half hour of a trial and found this sort of thread for the first query I came up against..... it's bringing doubts.  

• Even the ability to upload a separate image file to act as the poster frame would be good.   A setting to select between first frame or uploaded PF.   I have a fade from white video which I'm now doctoring with a frame export to include it as the first frame only and then re-encode the video.  

• The ability to upload a separate image file to act as the poster frame would be good.   Or a setting to select between first frame or uploaded Poster Frame is a great idea! Can that be done or added to the "roadmap" Articulate folks?

Chris-Santos
      Staff

Hi Sandra,

I'll be adding your request to our existing list for this feature.  You're in the right place!  We'll be updating this thread if we make any updates about customizing the video thumbnail in Rise.

MabelSmith
    Community Member

Hi- it's been 5 years now since this was first requested and it's something that's available on so many other (cheaper) systems- the manual video editing that's been required by Rise users over this time represents many thousands of hours of our time that could have been spent on creative work rather than needless workarounds. Please add it soon!

JimDeRosa
    Community Member

Why is such a simple and commonplace feature neglected for such a long time by Articulate? FYI, the videos I'm using are created by STORYLINE. So, using an entirely Articulate solution, I still have to manually open the videos in a separate tool to add a single frame to the beginning.

Please add this to the roadmap instead of spending time on the AI bandwagon.