Forum Discussion

CharlyTaylor
Community Member
6 months ago

SSML Inflections

Hello!

I'm having trouble with getting one of the neural voices - Salli - to sound like she's asking a question. I've written the sentence, "Are you comfortable using your Outlook Calendar?" but when she reads it, it sounds like a period/full stop. Is there any way to make it sound like she's asking a question? Thank you!

• Hi Charly, 

Thanks for reaching out! 

Only Standard voices can control the volume, speaking rate, and pitch. However, I want to point out that neural voices can support the volume and speaking rate attributes. 

I'll open this up to the community if others have come up with something similar in their project! 

Have a great afternoon!

• the problem with "?" is ONLY with Salli (Neural Voice)

there is no problem with Sally (Standard Voice), but this version is not available in storyline anymore

• I've run into the same issue. After extensive research, it appears to me that the prosody control for pitch or the emphasis tag are not available in Storyline's limited SSML set. These appear to be the controls to make a typed question 'sound' like a spoken question. Perhaps Articulate can accommodate this in a future update?