Forum Discussion

LetitiaKennedy
Community Member
2 years ago

Storyline 3 installation error - "Articulate Storyline failed to install. Error: 80072EE7"

Hi,

I am trying to install the latest version of SL3 onto a new machine in an environment that does not have internet access and am getting the following error:

"Articulate Storyline failed to install. Error: 80072EE7"

I have had no luck finding a reference to this error message either in Google or Articulate's forum.

I will raise a support ticket but has anyone seen this error before and can provide any tips?

Thanks

• Hello Letitia, 

Great call on opening a support case! I can see that my colleague Mick is already working with you on this issue. 

For your reference, the error code that you received usually means that you need to run the installation as an administrator for it to successfully complete. If running as an administrator doesn't work, I'd recommend continuing working with my colleague through the support case to resolve the issue. 

EphyHood
    Community Member

Oh. In case some might have the same issue as of now (2024); I had the same issue on windows 10.

Here is how i SOLVED it:

1. I installed Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable 2015-2022 (Enhances compatibility for apps developed within the respective period).

2. I installed Net.framework 4.8 and then installed Net.framework 5.0 (Net.framework enhances performance in some cases for newer apps that were developed within the same Net framework environment).

3. Restarted my PC.

4. Installed latest version of Storyline 3 (Note well: this is SL3 not SL 360).

5. Done! I hope that will work for you. Let me know how it worked for you.