Forum Discussion

JimMckinleyBrow
Community Member
2 years ago

Uploading gifs in Rise

I continue to have difficulty uploading gif files into a Rise course. The file is 15 MG. What help can you provide for how to ensure that the gifs I create will readily upload into a Rise course?

NataliaRC
    Community Member

Hi, I'm having a similar issue with the upload of a gif of 18 MB in a marker of a labeled graphic. The status does not change from "Uploading media". Is there anything that I can do so that the gif is uploaded?

KellyAuner
      Staff

Hi @NatliaRohenkohl,

Thanks for reaching out!

I understand your GIF gets stuck while uploading in a marker of a labeled graphic. I'm not seeing any issue on my end so I'm happy to help troubleshoot.

If you're willing to share the GIF with us here or privately in a support case, I'd be happy to test it. We'll delete it from our systems once troubleshooting is complete!

NataliaRC
        Community Member

Hi Kelly, thanks for your support! 

The upload had not worked for two days, but I tried it again today and it worked, so I think the problem was solved. I'll let you know if it happens again. 

Have a nice day!

• Hi Jim,

Thanks so much for reaching out! Sorry to hear you're having issues with your GIF files within Rise 360. I understand your frustration.

In order to better understand your setup, I have a few questions:

• Are you inserting those GIFs in image blocks?
    • Do you notice that the GIFs appear correctly if you add more blocks below the image blocks?

I wanted to confirm with you that the media file size limit is 5GB. 

I'd be happy to take a closer look at all of your GIF files and test them on my end. Feel free to upload to this thread or privately within a support case.

Looking forward to hearing from you! 

KarlMuller
    Community Member

Hi Jim,

I uploaded a GIF to a course yesterday and it worked fine.

But it was small, and nowhere near your 15 MB file.

JimMckinleyBrow
      Community Member

Interestingly, I am able to upload some, but not all, regardless of the file size. The process seems to time out and tells me the file could not be uploaded.