Forum Discussion

RebeccaFindlay
Community Member
2 years ago

Uploading Scorm Files into Articulate

I need to edit scorm files and recreate a course how do i upload of if can't upload scorm what files.

JHauglie
    Community Member

You can edit a SCORM file in any text editor (Notepad ++. for example) but that will have little to no effect on a Storyline course.

If you need to rebuild a Storyline course you must have a *.story file. Otherwise you will need to rebuild it from scratch or by capturing the screens while you play an HTML version.

Depending on your learning management system (LMS), you either package the SCORM-compliant output or an HTML-compatible package. Both of those are published from Storyline.

• As Joe says you can find most of the assets , but without the storyline file it is a rebuild

AngelaSiebold
    Community Member

I have Storyline files but am still not able to upload them. Am I missing something here?

AngelaSiebold
        Community Member

Hi Judy, thanks for the reply. I was adding to the original question which was "How do I edit a SCORM file by bringing it into Articulate". I have a course that was created and already uploaded to our LMS. I do not have access to the original course in Rise because my coworker didn't share it with me and is now unavailable. I was wondering if I could take the SCORM or Storyline and upload to Rise and edit, or if you have to recreate the course.