Forum Discussion

CaroleJoubert-d
Community Member
3 months ago

Where is "score per answer" ??

Hello,
The “score per answer” button does not appear in the settings of my 3 multiple choice questions. I can only choose one “score per question”. Do you know why?
My storyline application is up to date
Thanks in advance

• Did you accidentally insert Multiple Response questions (any number of the checkbox responses can be selected) instead of Multiple Choice (only 1 of the radio-button responses can be selected)? 

• Thank you for your reply, Judy.

It's my mistake, in fact I wanted to talk about my standard Multiple Response questions, in which I can't set the score per answer. Only score by question is possible... Any Idea about this problem ?

Thanks in advance

JudyNollet
      Super Hero

As I said in my previous comment, Storyline doesn't have a built-in option to score a Multiple Response slide per answer. You're not seeing it because it doesn't exist.

I can understand why. There are so many potential variations of how to assign partial credit to a Multiple Response question, especially related to the responses that shouldn't be selected. For example, some might want to add points if the user didn't select a wrong answer. Some might want to subtract points if a user does select a wrong answer. Or not use the state of the wrong answer at all when figuring points.

It could also get tricky if you want all questions to be worth a given number of points (for example, 10 points). Then how do you divvy up the points when there are 3 or 4 responses?

A while back, I did create a demo for giving partial credit on a custom Multiple Response question, because I've seen people ask about this a few times in the Forum. Here it is:

Personally, I've never given partial credit for a Multiple Response question, and I doubt I ever will. I think it would rarely be worth the extra programming effort. But good luck if you want to give it a try.