Forum Discussion

AllenNorthrop-4
Community Member
4 years ago

Why does image quality degrade so much after an image is imported into Storyline?

I'm curious if there's a setting I've missed or whether or not I'm doing something incorrectly.

Attached is a side-by-side example - the image on the right is the post-production, compressed png in its final form.

The image on the left is the same exact image after it was imported into Storyline.

This has been a consistent result I've encountered regardless of the image type.

What gives?

• Thank you for your help.

Original Image - 218 x 218

Story Size - 1600 x 933

I reduced the size of the original image and attached is the result - same as before.

• Hi Allen,

Have you checked the Publish Quality settings? maybe the quality was altered by mistake?  

AllenNorthrop-4
      Community Member

Thank you, Dwayne.

I did check that prior to publishing - I've tried this on Articulate Review and on our LMS - the image quality remains the same either way.

• Hey Leslie, following up - any additional insight here?

It's been two weeks since my original post - is this the support process for Storyline?  I create a ticket with no response.  How can I get a live person to help me with this issue?

• Hi Allen,

Thanks for following up on this! Our support team can be reached anytime by submitting a case at articulatecase.com. You mentioned you created a ticket, but unfortunately, I'm not spotting any cases under the email address associated with your Articulate ID!

I'll go ahead and get one started for you so we can take a look at your original image for testing. You should expect an email with an upload link to show up in your inbox. 

We've recently addressed some issues with image discoloration, so connecting with our team is the best way forward at this point!

• Thank you Ren!

We figured out what the issue was - removing the color profile for each image  in photoshop resolved it.

• Hi Allen,

Thanks for popping back in to share your solution, and I'm glad that resolved it! Let us know if you run into any other issues!