PEEK screen recording coming up with date and time

Jun 27, 2019

Hello, when I download this as a video file as an mp4 (attached), the date and time of the recording appears at the bottom.

Can you please advise me how I can get rid of the screen recording date and time wording in this video?

5 Replies
Lauren Connelly

Hello Angela!

It sounds like when you are viewing the Peek mp4 file,  you are also seeing a date and time stamp located at the bottom of the screen.

I was able to download your screen recording and view your screen recording. The time/date stamp didn't show up on my screen so it must be a different program that is set to display that. Here's how your screen recording displayed on my desktop.

If that is correct, let's find out which program is set to open the mp4 file. You should see the program you're using at the top left hand corner.

Lauren Connelly

Hello Angela,

It looks like your Peek screen recordings are opening in the wrong program! Let me explain how to fix that. Peek screen recordings should be displayed in Review 360. Review 360 is designed to display videos and projects, which includes Peek 360 files. 

If you're using a Mac, Peek will automatically open recordings in Review. If you're using Windows, you will need to choose "Open in Articulate 360" for the recording to open in Review.

Here is an in-depth tutorial on using Peek in Windows and Mac.

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.