Articulate Review 360 Won't Automatically Play Engage Interactions From Storyline 360

Jan 14, 2020

I published a course to Articulate Review 360 from Storyline 360. The course functions correctly in Microsoft Edge and Firefox. In Google Chrome, when you get to a slide with an engage interaction the slide comes up covered in a gray box with a big play button in the middle. The audio narration continues to play, but you can't see the engage interaction content unless you click play. I've tested this on multiple devices on different network connections with the same results. I have the latest Articulate 360 updates installed and am using the latest version of Google Chrome. The only suggestion I received from support was to ask a network admin to change some settings in our network, but I can't ask our clients to do that in order to review courses. Has anyone ever encountered this and what did you do to resolve it? Thanks!

5 Replies
Lauren Connelly

Hi Abbey!

Thank you for sharing this! This is a software bug that we've only seen in Chrome as well. I didn't see any issues when publishing to the web, and viewing the interaction in Chrome.

Have you tried Publish to the Web?

When I hear of an update to this bug, I'll make sure to report back to this discussion. 

Leslie McKerchie

Hi David,

It sounds like you are running into the same issue that Lauren mentioned above and we do not have the resolution to share yet.

To answer your question, publishing to the web means hosting on a webserver to see if you run into a similar result. I do see, however, that this has affected web-published content as well. 

Are you experiencing this issue in any other browser?

Maria Costa-Stienstra

Hi, Abbey and David.

We appreciate your patience while our team investigated this.

I am happy to share some great news! We fixed the issue reported where:
Engage Interactions Overlaid with Play Button in Chrome

Be sure to install the latest Storyline 360 update (Build 3.50.24668.0) to take advantage of all the recent features and fixes. 

If the problem happens again, please let us know, or you can always work directly with our support engineers here.