Articulate Review Vs Publish to Web

Jan 06, 2023

I'd like some advice please.  Can Articulate Review be used in place of publishing to a webpage or LMS.  I don't need tracking/reporting for these particular projects.  I know Articulate Review is not intended for this purpose and is intended as a 'review' tool only so could someone tell me what the downsides are as it's very handy to send out a link for people to access e.g. an induction and to just turn off the comments section.  

Thanks in advance, 
Aoife

2 Replies
Judy Nollet

As you said, Review 360 is intended for short-term reviews. 

In my experience, Review's responsiveness can vary quite a bit, depending on how many people are accessing the servers at a given time. Putting up long-term content increases the drag on the system, which can decrease the responsiveness for everyone. 

Other drawbacks:

• The course is obviously on Articulate's website. It could seem suspicious to some users to see a URL that doesn't have your company's web address in it. 
  • Depending on company standards, Review 360 might not be considered secure enough.
  • Even when you turn off comments, the info about the author is still visible. Thus, it doesn't look as professional and finished as a course provided via a web server. 
  • A course in Review is associated with a specific author's Articulate account. If that author's account is deactivated, so is the course.

Bottom line: If you want to present final content, it should go on the company's web site (internet or intranet) or in the LMS.