latest update moved control buttons (CC, play, replay, volume, etc)... How do we put them back?

Dec 31, 2020

Is there a way to put the buttons back on the lower left corner as they were before the update?  We have SEVERAL modules in development with instructions referring to the placement of this buttons narrated by a dozen clients which now....are incorrect because the buttons moved with the most recent update. 

3 Replies
Katie Riggio

Hi Sarah,

I appreciate you bringing this to our attention. I'd love to help!

Background: In Storyline 360 Update 47, we rearranged the player controls visually so they follow a logical order similar to popular video-streaming sites where the play/pause button and seekbar come first. Details here.

Currently, there isn't a way to customize the positioning of the built-in player controls in Storyline. I'll surface the impact to my team and notify you of any updates.

For now, you can display the former navigation order by publishing the course in an earlier update:

Kirsten Modine

I agree that this is extremely inconvenient. The player control positions should be an option, and not mandatory. My company has a large library of courses that specifically call out the location of these controls, both in audio narration and onscreen indicators. It would be a massive undertaking to have to change this every time we update a course.