Layers

Feb 26, 2017

Unless there's a way to indicate feedback by layer I am finding this review tool not to be of much use beyond a slide by slide review. Is Articulate working on this as a feature? I would switch tools in a heartbeat if it had this capability.

10 Replies
Ashley Terwilliger-Pollard

Hi Ray,

Articulate Review should take a screenshot of what the user is seeing when they submit their comment versus showing you a specific slide number or layer name. If you're not sure which layer they're viewing, a suggestion such as what Dave shared would be a good idea. If you have other thoughts on how you'd like to see Review capturing that information I'd love to know a bit more so that I could share it with our Product team! 

Ray Handley

My experience with this is that the screenshot only takes a photo of the first place you are on a slide when you add feedback. Switching to a different layer does not take a new screenshot. Is this by design? If the current layer showed when you add new feedback then that would be fine.

Ray Handley
Project Manager & Snr Learning Consultant
Workbright eLearning
Ph: 09 9084800
Mob: 0275306691
www.workbright.co.nz
www.workbright.co.nz>

Ashley Terwilliger-Pollard

Hi Ray,

First, I just wanted to also give you a heads up that responding via email includes your signature here in ELH. You are welcome to visit the forum discussion and click on the "edit" below your post to remove that information. No worries on our part - just in case you don't want your information publicly! 

I did a quick test of this, and here are my results so that you could see for yourself. The base layer is set to show for 10 seconds, layer 1 for 10 seconds and then layer 2 for 5 seconds. I had some colleagues give it a test and they commented what they were seeing. You can take a look at this here. I did notice on a first test myself that the image and comment got out of sync once, but I'm thinking that had more to do with my internet connection as my colleagues both had it appear normally. 

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.