New login now Storyline publishing to 360 not working

Jan 31, 2022

I have been using storyline and review 360 for about a year with a company login. Today I was given a new login and password because of a change in our software service provider. I published a course from storyline as I always have and when I went to review 360 all that was there was your video tutorial. My course published somewhere I don't know where because after publishing I get the review project button which takes me to the project. The problem is it is not anywhere to be found in review 360. Not even in the all projects view. From 360 I uploaded a video and that has replaced your tutorial. I tried publishing my course and it published and I can review it but it is not in any of the different views within 360. I have included a picture. Any help would be great.

Thank,

Dan

3 Replies
Leslie McKerchie

Hello Dan, and welcome to E-Learning Heroes. 😊

I appreciate you reaching out and sharing what you are experiencing. At a glance, it looks like you have two different Articulate IDs. Each Articulate ID has an associated Review 360, so are you logged into the correct account?

I'd be happy to work with your privately on this if needed since it involves private email information. Please get in touch with me directly here.