Review 360 requiring Articulate account holders to sign in to leave feedback

Apr 27, 2022

I have a Rise course being reviewed by several people on Review 360 and it is set to allow comments without an ID and to not require email to comment. Some of my reviewers had Articulate accounts for eLearning Heroes or support in the past but are no longer actively using the accounts. They are not 360 subscribers. Review is requiring them to sign in before they can leave comments.  It is not ideal since most have not used their IDs in a long time and must reset their password before they can complete their review. With tight timelines, and busy schedules, this is causing abrasion and confusion with my project team. Is this an expected behavior? Can this be turned off so anyone can comment without signing in?

30 Replies
Mark Ellis

We have a related problem - with people who have never had an articulate login.

All over the world we have had users accessing courses on review360 using a URL with no problem. As of yesterday however our Singapore SMEs are finding the URL is NOT taking them to the course in review360 but directly to a login screen... however when I use the same URL it takes me to the lesson.

Any thoughts? We're about to abandon review360 which would be a big blow.

Jose Tansengco

Hi Mark,

We've seen cases before wherein reviewers previously created an Articulate ID through an Articulate 360 Trial subscription and forgot about them which then caused their email address to prompt a login when leaving a comment in Review 360. Here's an article on leaving comments in Review 360 for your reference. 

Please ask your SMEs to reach out to our support team here so we can verify if they have an existing Articulate ID. If they do, they'll need to enter their account password moving forward to leave comments in Review 360. 

Hope this helps!

Andrea Koehntop

Hi Capstone ITS, and welcome to the E-Learning Heroes community! ✨

I apologize for the issues you are having with sharing links for Review 360.

As Joe mentioned above to Mark, if a reviewer ever previously had a trial of Articulate 360, it could prompt them to login. 

If your reviewers do not remember ever having a login, you can reach out to our support team to verify if they've ever logged in with an Articulate ID. 

Kelly Auner

Hi Mark,

I'm sorry to hear that you are experiencing this issue! The last major change to Review 360 was released in March. You can find more information about that here. I have a few clarifying questions for you.

• Have you tried testing the links in incognito mode?
  • Is this happening with more than one browser?

We are currently investigating an issue where the end of Review 360 links are being changed from /review to /feedback. Can you please check if the Review 360 link you are trying to share ends with /review or /feedback?

If you feel comfortable, you can share your Review 360 link with our support engineers so we can investigate further!

Luciana Piazza

Hello Liz, Mark and Phil!

I have good news to share! We updated the link in the email notification so you'll find that the link goes to the Feedback area rather than a sign-in page. 

Please let us know if you have any questions by reaching out in this discussion or to our Support Engineers directly.

Have a great day!

Kim Denton

Hi Articulate Staff,

Some of my stakeholders/reviewers are having this same issue (1 year later), so the problem is back. Having previously created an Articulate ID is not the problem, since these subject matter experts are new to Articulate and Review.

If our reviewers are prompted to create accounts, they will stop agreeing to use Review 360 to review our prototypes. Having to provide their email is already a point of friction and dissatisfaction for our reviewers.

Hoping for a quick resolution to this issue!

Best,
Kim 

Eric Santos

Hi Kim,

I'm happy to help troubleshoot this issue and would like to start with clarifying questions to understand your experience better.

1. There are at least two issues reported in this thread. Please provide more details on what you're seeing. Do the notification email links point erratically to the Review login page instead of the Feedback page? I ran some tests and confirmed that this issue is no longer happening. If you're running into this snag, kindly send a similar screenshot as the one below.Review email notification
  2. Are your reviewers required to enter their email addresses to comment? This is expected behavior if they don't have Articulate IDs.

If you aren't signed in to Review 360 with an Articulate ID, you'll be prompted to enter your email address when you click inside a comment field. This allows you to receive notifications when other reviewers reply to your comments. (If you have an Articulate account, you'll be prompted to enter your password.)

I'm looking forward to your response; thank you!

Eric Santos

Hi Kim,

Thanks for sharing the details, and I'm sorry for the trouble! Kindly check whether the "Allow users without Articulate IDs to comment" option is ticked. If this box is unticked, reviewers without an Articulate ID will be prompted to create one.

Allow users without Articulate IDs to comment

If that option is ticked, but reviewers are still prompted to create an Articulate ID, could you connect with us in a case so our Customer Support Engineers can dig deeper? Please also share the Review 360 link if you can. We'll reach out soon after we hear from you!

Start a Support Case

Eric Santos

Thanks for confirming that the box was selected, Kim. That behavior does sound strange and is a great troubleshooting opportunity for our Support team! I created a case on your behalf so our talented Customer Support Engineers can dig deeper into the issue. You may have already received a confirmation email. If you can reply with the affected Review 360 link, that would be great!

Let's continue the conversation in your support case, but I'm happy to assist further as needed!

Jose Tansengco

Hi David, 

Happy to help!

If you publish a Rise 360 course to Review 360 with the "Allow users without Articulate IDs to comment" option ticked and your reviewers are still being prompted to sign in, there's a chance that those reviewers may already have existing Articulate IDs that the system is detecting. The best way to verify this is to open a case with our support team here and share the email addresses of your reviewers so we can confirm if this is the case. 

Let me know if you have any questions!

Bruno Vaillancourt

Hello ! 

I just got that "problem" by testing with my email and yes it kept asking me to login even if I click "Allow users without Articulate IDs to comment".... even if i did log out from Articulate. 

A colleague helped me by adding a comment using her own email  (knowing she never worked with Articulate) and it worked perfectly.    

Kelly Auner

Hi Bruno,

Thanks for reaching out and sharing your experience here! If you select the option to Allow users without an Articulate ID to comment, it will still prompt users to log in using their Articulate ID if they have previously created one. This sounds like expected behavior, but if you have additional questions, please let me know and I'll be happy to help!

Hi, Ananth!

I'm so sorry you've run into this issue. I see that you’ve reached out to our Support Engineers and are working with my teammate, Robert. You’re in excellent hands! We’ll continue the conversation in your support case until you're up and running!

Katharine Cummings

I have some reviewers who were recently prompted to create articulate accounts when trying to review a module and they did and now are being prompted to login each time they want to comment. I understand from the above thread that once they do that they will continue to be prompted to log in. We've been using review360 for several years now and not had any issues until recently with reviewers being prompted to create accounts. Is there a way to have email addresses removed as accounts if reviewers inadvertently created them? Thank you.

Kelly Auner

Hi, Katharine!

Thanks for reaching out. This is a great question!

If reviewers inadvertently created an Articulate account, our team will happily assist in deleting those Articulate ID's. So that their email addresses are kept private,  they can submit a request through a support case to start the process. Please let me know if you have any questions!

Kara Kiensicki

Hello - I am also experiencing this issue with my reviewers. I've tested incognito on Google Chrome and Safari and it continues to redirect me to a login page. I've also checked the Feedback settings and it is already set to Allow Users Without Articulate Accounts to Comment. This user does and the account I tested with are not emails that ever had Articulate accounts. Please advise on how to resolve.