Sharing courses externally

Feb 17, 2023

Hi all.  We would like to share our staff training with our volunteers.  Our systems are not the same so we would just share as a web link. What is the best practice for doing this?  I've found that if I share the Review link and turn off comments, they can still choose which version to view and are prompted to sign in (even though they can still access without doing so). If we share the Rise link, how does that affect future versions that we create?  Will they see any edits we are making like a live document or is it stagnant unless we share a new link?  We have upwards of 5,000 volunteers and I'm guessing that would affect our license, so what is a realistic number  that we could cap sharing at?  Is there a way to lock the amount of times it's shared?  Thanks so much for your time!

2 Replies
Luciana Piazza

Hi Lauren, 

Thanks so much for reaching out. Happy to help! 

Here are some sharing guidelines when using Rise 360: 

In this article, it shares how to export Web-Only Output. I'd like to share with you the steps to achieve this: 

Export Web-Only Output

If you don’t need to track learners’ progress, you can export Rise 360 content as web-only output and host it on your own web server. It’s easy!

1. Open the content from your Rise 360 dashboard and click Export in the upper right corner of the screen.
  2. Choose Web from the Export Type drop-down list.
  3. Click Export in the upper right corner again to generate a zip file. (If there are any errors in your content, such as a blank lesson, Rise 360 will ask if you want to edit the course or continue with the export.)
  4. Click Back to... in the upper right corner to continue working while Rise 360 generates your zip file. When it’s ready, you’ll receive an email notification with a download link. (For small deliverables, you may immediately be prompted to download the zip file before you have a chance to go back to the course editor. Just choose a location on your computer and click Save.)
  5. Click the download link in the notification email, then click Download Content on the web page that opens. Choose a location on your computer and click Save.
  6. Extract the zip package and upload the contents to your web server. If you don't have access to a web server, here are some free options:

Amazon S3 offers free hosting with generous usage limits. If you go over your limit, you'll be charged a small fee. See this video tutorial by Tom Kuhlmann to learn more about Amazon S3.

Google Cloud also has a free hosting service. You'll be charged a small fee if you go over the free limit. See this video tutorial by Tom Kuhlmann to learn more about Google Cloud.
  7. When the files are uploaded, give learners a link to the index.html file.

Please let me know if you have any other questions! I hope this helps you explore some sharing options!