Storyline Crashes When I Try to Publish to Review 360

Jun 08, 2023

Storyline crashes on me constantly - it's not unusual to take 5 or 6 attempts to get it to publish. This is true no matter which way I want to publish. Today I need to publish half a dozen courses to Review and it's crashed five times - and that's just one course! This is a critical problem and I am going to be in serious trouble with my manager (who doesn't use Articulate and doesn't entirely understand the issue). Can anyone help?

10 Replies
Richard Watson
Lauren Connelly

Hello Robin!

We did have a brief outage this morning where courses weren't publishing properly to Review 360. This might've been what you were running into.

The outage is resolved and I haven't heard of any other issues that would prevent you from publishing your course to Review 360.

If you are still experiencing this issue, I'd encourage you to submit a support case so our team of Support Engineers can work with you directly. Their team is available 24/7 so you should receive a reply soon after a case is submitted.

Kelly Auner

Hi Michael,

Thanks for reaching out!

I'm so sorry to hear you've hit this snag, but I'm happy to help troubleshoot. I'd like to start with a few clarifying questions to help me better understand the issue.

• Did the error message start appearing only this past week or has it been a consistent issue?
  • Is this happening with one specific course or multiple courses?
  • Have you reviewed the possible solutions in this article?

If the issue persists, I'd like to connect you with one of our talented Support Engineers in a case to figure out what's going on!

Lal Mathews

Is there a resolution to this ? My course upload is frozen at the very end stage and never progresses thereafter. 

What are some steps, that would help this issue. 

Have tried, reboot, saving the file to local drive and publish thereafter. . Nothing is helping. Any ideas please. 

Steven Benassi

Hi Lal!

So sorry to hear you've also run into trouble when publishing your course to Review 360!

Thanks for sharing the troubleshooting steps you've implemented so far. I've opened a support case on your behalf so you can share a copy of the affected file with our support engineers. You're in excellent hands working with them and they should be reaching out to you shortly!

Eric Santos

Hi Lal!

Thanks for sharing what worked for you and confirming it was a VPN issue! I'm sure our community members who have the same problem will be able to benefit from your experience.

If you need help with anything else, please let us know here in the E-Learning Heroes Community or privately in a support case. We'll be happy to assist you!

Lon Goldstein

I find that Storyline hangs frequently while publishing to Review 360. It is not a problem with the .story file, because generally after force-quitting Storyline and rebooting, the file publishes fine. I thought for a while it happened more when I tried to publish more than one course at once to Review 360, but it happens just as often when only doing one file. 

Steven Benassi

Hi Lon!

Sorry to hear you've run into this setback!

If you've confirmed that you are working locally, and a repair of your Storyline 360 installation doesn't improve the behavior, please connect with our support engineers who would be happy to continue troubleshooting with you.

Have a great start to your week!