Uploading a New Version of a Video

May 11, 2017

I am working on a few videos. I received comments and I make the changes. Now I want to upload the newest version of the video and keep all my comments and simply update the version. Is this possible?

If not, that would be an EXTREMELY helpful feature.

79 Replies
Jeremy Nash

+1 for versioning manually uploaded videos! 

We just discovered the feature to upload videos manually. We LOVE how it timestamps the comments to the video. I was surprised to find that there is no versioning option like within the Articulate tools, but still very useful. Adding versioning would be an amazing feature.

Use case: in cases where we want to include video in a course we often treat the video and review as a separate project/product, for a variety of reasons.  We used to do our video review manually, outside of any reviewing environment, and asked reviewers to track the timestamp of their comments on their own. It's doable, but tedious. Often, multiple reviewers would comment back on the same issue. It's just not a very efficient process.

Being able to handle this in Articulate Review is a big win. Versioning would take it to the next level.

• address comments and implement feedback
  • upload a new version
  • send it back for additional review without having to share a new link
  • maintain previous comments under the same project

Thank you for consideration. And thanks for this community to lean into each other for help, tricks, and tips. 

Leslie McKerchie

Hi Shannon, 

Not yet, but it is certainly on our radar. I appreciate you chiming in as well. We do have this conversation linked to the request and we are continuing to track user impact and requests.

I wanted to share some information about how we manage these feature requests

We'll be sure to pop in and share updates here when we have them.