1px vertical line artifact in Rise

Jun 21, 2023

I've embedded a video linked from Vimeo into my Rise 360 project and when I preview the video, there's a 1 px white vertical line to the right of the video. I don't have a border on the video and can't find how to remove this.

Anyone know a solution for this? See attached image with arrow pointing at the line.

11 Replies
Angelo Cruz

Hi Andrew! I understand you are seeing a white vertical line on your embedded Vimeo video.

Did you use the video's URL or an iframe code to embed it into Rise? If iframe code, have you tried adjusting the width of the video itself?

It grabbed a random Vimeo video and embedded it into a sample Rise course, but I'm not seeing any lines at the edges of the video itself. See the screenshot here. Have you tried embedding a different video to see if the issue is persistent? If you can also share the URL or iframe code for the video, we'll be glad to test it as well.

Andrew Runkle

Hi Angelo,

Thanks for the response. I am using the video's URL. I tried it with a random Vimeo video and I'm still having the issue. The video thumbnail does not have the vertical line, but when clicking play, it appears. I have my embed video settings set to hide metadata at embed width medium.

Andrew Runkle

It's funny, I started the video then dragged the browser window to my other monitor (different dpi settings) and the artifact is still there, but when I resize the window it disappears and shows up randomly at different times. I don't know if this narrows it down or not, but thanks for the suggestion.

Phil Foss

Seems to confirm my theory- high rez monitors can do 'sub pixel rendering' - in other words - they can display 500.5 pixels instead of just an even 500. But its handled differently depending on your system/hardware, so not all users will see this issue, all the time. But the underlying issue is a background color (white) is sneaking through, sometimes. To fix, the Rise fellas will need to change that background white sneaking through to match the background color you've selected. Let's put them on the shot clock, FORE!

Angelo Cruz

Hey Andrew! Just curious, can you check out this sample Rise course and let me know if you'd be able to see the same vertical line with your project?

I've tested it on both my Mac and display, but I'm not seeing a vertical line from my end. If you would be able to share the link or a video file with us where you are seeing the issue, we can take a look and see what we'll find out. You can open a support case here in case you wanted to upload a video file or share the Vimeo link privately.