Ability to turn off the main page in a rise course - go straight into the content

Nov 22, 2022

I thought there was a topic out here for this, but I am not finding it. Wondering if we will ever be able to turn off the start course page in Rise?

4 Replies
Simon Smith

Yes, it's fairly easy. You need to unpack the course and edit tincan.xml to point the <launch> at the URL of your chosen start lesson. If you're using scorm @Bill Dane wrote a great fix, and Productboard Academy turned it into a tut. 

https://www.claudiapelagatti.com/instructional-design/2022/3/31/show-only-rise-lesson-content-in-skilljar

Crystal Horn

Hi there, Matthew! We're excited to share a new way to deliver bite-sized training focused on a single objective... Microlearning!

Microlearning gets your learners into the content faster without a course outline or description, or full course navigation features. You can get started from our new microlearning templates, use any of our business lesson content, or create one from scratch.

Microlearning includes a title image, but learners scroll right into the content immediately. For that reason, I thought it might be interesting to share with you! Let us know what you think!

Lea Agato

Good news, everyone! We've just released a new feature that allows you to turn off the cover page when you publish for LMS to improve compatibility, streamline training, and get learners into content faster. Give it a try, and let us know if you have any questions about it!

Note: You can't hide the cover page for training created from Next Big Idea Club content templates.