Adding a continue button to a Knowledge Check

Mar 11, 2021

If navigation is restricted to the lesson throughout the course can I add a continue button under take again at the completion of the knowledge check instead of requiring a learner to click in the sidebar to get to the end of the lesson?

14 Replies
Eric Digman

I have found the "continue button style" option, but it doesn't change when clicked.  [Revised: it doesn't appear in the preview, but it seems to appear when sharing the link to others.] No such continue button appears.  Also, the score of the test does not seem to work with readers for visually impaired (at least NVDA).

Hugh Bouchard

Same here.  I have a Knowledge Check set up as "QUIZ" content (not "LESSON" content) and selected "continue button style" in the Quiz settings but the continue button does not appear when I publish it.  I have the setting "Require Passing Score to Continue" to OFF. 

Any advice?  I could perhaps create the KC questions in a Content section, but it would then lack the Results screen.  Any advice?

MH Raidl

Hi Chino, I have the same issue as the two users above. I created a "quiz" content and selected "continue button style" in the settings and the "Require passing score to continue" is on OFF.

However, after the results is shown, there is no "Continue" button appearing. Attached is a print screen of my settings and the Results screen.

Can you help?

Thank you!

Whitney Miller-Nichols

I'm having this same problem -- Rise does not add a continue button at the end of quiz for the quiz I created in the last week (screenshot RiseQuizEndScreen-nobutton.png) -- same behavior in Rise preview and in SCORMCloud. There is a lesson following the quiz in both courses. The settings are the same; the only difference (I think) is that the quiz with the button displaying was created a couple years ago. 

Ronda Harris

Thanks, Whitney: "To update -- I needed to turn on Previous & Next buttons in Course Settings > Navigation so that the Continue bar would be displayed on the quiz results screen." 

This is extremely frustrating because I just read another post that suggested turning off the Previous & Next buttons to resolve a different problem, which is that the Lesson Count numbers will NOT disappear even though I toggled that option off.