Rise Knowledge Check Potential Bookmarking Issue

Jul 20, 2023

Hello, I experienced an issue yesterday when I was testing a Rise module in my organization’s LMS Test Zone (Cornerstone) using Google Chrome. I was checking the bookmarking functionality by closing the module throughout the course and then launching it again to confirm that I would be taken back to the same screen/lesson. Everything worked as expected except for a slight quirk when I tried this in the Knowledge Check (five questions, 80% passing score). I closed the module at the second question and was then taken back to it when I resumed the module. I completed the Knowledge Check with a 100% passing score; however, in place of the “Continue” button that would allow me to move to the next lesson, the button was locked and contained the following wording, “Lessons must be completed in order” (see attached screenshot).

I tried retaking the Knowledge Check several times and continued to see the same message. I then started the module over and clicked through each lesson prior to the Knowledge Check in sequence. When I started the Knowledge Check, I was taken directly to the “Continue” button in lieu of having to take the quiz again, and I was then able to move on to the subsequent lessons and successfully complete the course.  

This same issue did not occur in Edge, so I’m not sure if it is a quirk in Chrome. In addition, I did not experience this issue in Chrome if I completed the Knowledge Check with a passing score without closing the module mid-way.

Please let me know if you have heard of this issue. I was also wondering if it would make a difference if I turned the “Randomize Question Order” setting to “off”. Thank you.

3 Replies
Crystal Horn

Just to follow up for folks, we couldn't replicate this behavior with John's content with his steps, and we recommend trying these solutions if you run into the same issue:

1. Copy the lesson and quiz sections into a new Rise 360 course.

2. Export the SCORM package again.

3. Check in with your LMS support - there could be a playback issue.

Reach out to us in a case here if you're getting stuck!