Adding Storyline Block to Rise360 Course Changes the Font Style

Nov 02, 2023

I'm having a weird issue with inserting Storyline360 blocks into my Rise360 course. When I make text bold in my Storyline360 block and add the block to a Rise360 course, the bold font is not longer bold.

Normally this might not be an issue, but the formatting issues are driving me crazy because I am trying to make things look consistent in Rise360 so the learners don't know they are seeing a Storyline360 block of content.

(I wouldn't have to do this at all if Rise360 had more options for pretesting and navigation that supported non-linear courses.)

See the attached photos - the first one is in Storyline360 where the title "Instructions" is in bold. The second screenshot is from Rise360 after inserting the Storyline360 block. I am using the Inter font typeface if that matters at all.

Is anyone able to tell me why this is happening or a way to prevent it from occurring?

2 Replies
Crystal Horn

Hi there, Zach! I'm seeing the same thing, even when using the bold versions in the Inter font family. I actually see it in my Storyline 360 preview and when publishing to Review 360.

I'm going to open this issue for our team to have a look. I'm sorry I don't have a good workaround for you right now, but we'll update this discussion once we have a fix.

Zach Alexander

Thanks for the reply! I switched to a different font for now and doubt that anyone but me will notice. I tried a few other font styles (Lato, Open Sans, Arial, etc.) and only experienced this issue with the "Inter" font, which I found puzzling.

I'm wondering if the underlying issue is with the way courses are published to Review360. I say this because when I view this block in Review360, the font is not bold there before even inserting it into the Rise course.

That leads me to believe the issue may be caused by something in Review360 and not in Rise360, as I originally assumed. See a copy of this in Review360 here. Attached is the way it is displayed in Storyline.