Allow forward seeking not working.

Jan 06, 2023

Hello,

I have made a Rise 360 course with two embeded videos. We want to allow users to pause the videos to review information on screen, and to move the playhead back and forth to go over information, without having to rewatch the videos. I have enabled forward seeking to allow this, but on both of the videos when the playhead is touched, the videos restart. 

Any advice on this?

12 Replies
Lea Agato

Hi Toni,

I'm sorry to hear you're having problem with your video playback in Rise. Try re-encoding your video and see if that fixes the issue. You can use Handbrake. Here's how:

1. Download, install, and open the HandBrake app.
  2. Drop your video file on the HandBrake app. Or, click Open Source on the ribbon and import your video file.
  3. In the summary settings, mark the Web Optimized box, as shown below. You can leave all the other settings as they are.
  1. Click Start Encode on the ribbon to re-encode your video.

Once you've done that, re-upload your video and check if you're still seeing the forward seeking issue. Let me know how it goes!

Jose Tansengco

Hi David,

Sorry to hear that you ran into this issue and thanks for following the troubleshooting steps shared by my colleague.

I looked at the previous cases described in this thread and it looks like the behavior might be specific to certain video profiles.  Would you be willing to share a copy of the video file that you created in Camtasia here or in private by opening a support case so I can check if using a different video profile will help fix the issue? We'll delete it when we're done testing!