API

Mar 18, 2019

Hello again, I was wondering if you guys could have a native API that I could use on another plataform importing all the elements form rise to that plataform in a clean way managing to import all the images and texts diagrammed, would really appreciate the answer.

14 Replies
Cameron Ward

I really think that this feature would be extremely helpful. I know that you guys currently integrate with SCORM (which is a well-outdated technology) as well as some very minimal integration with the xAPI, but I really think that having the ability to pull content (functionally as a webpage) from Rise into an LMS, that would be very impactful. We have relied heavily on Rise over the last few years and have used it to author our instructional content in our LMS (Canvas). However, we are running into major scalability concerns because the content cannot be easily pulled into the LMS and because the process of adding collaborators, storing Rise presentations in folders, and exporting in Rise are all not currently built to work at scale.

Cameron Ward

In terms of a more extensive API structure, here is my wishlist for API features.

• At the institution level and also the user or account level:
    • Get a list of courses, including information regarding who owns the course, who the collaborators are, etc.
    • Delete one or numerous Rise courses
  • For one or numerous Rise courses:
    • get a list of collaborators with their roles etc.
    • get a list of owners
    • add one or numerous collaborators
    • remove one or numerous collaborators
    • change the role of one or numerous collaborators
    • transfer ownership to a given user
    • filter the course(s) under a folder
    • export the courses as a given export type (web, pdf, etc.)

L&D CEM TS

I'm not sure if that is 'officially sanctioned', but there seems to be a pretty powerful (private) API under the hood of rise 360. Here's a project where I collect the API calls I was able to figure out so far, but it looks like there are lots more!

If anyone is interested in collaborating, let me know. And for the Articulate Team: If you could maybe document this API and offer an authentication mechanism, it would really be appreciated!

Juan-Carlos Pineiro

Hi! Is there an update on this feature? I work in higher education and am looking into alternate E-Learning tools so that we can offer various required and mandatory sessions (new and transfer orientation, Title IX Training, conduct violation trainings, etc.). We currently use another company that EASILY connects to the college's PeopleSoft system via API though are looking for a modern, cleaner, and more user friendly suite of tools. Currently, when a student completes one of the e-learning courses, data is automatically shared with PeopleSoft (via API) so that student account holds can be lifted automatically and vice versa so that student data can be uploaded via excel sheets when additional contacts need to be made. Any assistance/direction with the above is immensely appreciated.

Hazel Bartolome

Hi everyone! We are excited to share that we have released Rise 360 Team Folders! You can now create shared team folders in Rise 360 to organize your content and share content with collaborators even faster. We know this has been a popular feature request and we can't wait for you to finally check it out!

Your Rise 360 dashboard will look a little different, but don't worry. You can find all of your content, personal and shared, in the My View section. If you run into any snags or have additional questions about Rise 360 Team Folders, our team is available in this discussion or in a support case.