Archiving and moving courses to folders

Aug 12, 2020

I have created many courses in Rise. I would like to archive them in folders so they don't show up on the main screen. It's getting very cluttered and difficult to find what I need, with seemingly endless scrolling. 

I am able to create new folders easily and move courses into those folders. However, the course remain on the main page. If I delete a course from the main page (assuming it will remain in the new folder) it deletes everywhere. This really defeats the purpose of having folders!

How do I move things off the main page and into a folder, so I can de-clutter the main page?

39 Replies
Michael Dettner

Hi Matthew!
Thank you! I have so much crap on my dashboard...I'm having trouble just finding what I'm working on.

I just sent a message directly to the support team. I doubt there's anything that they can do to help us out with this, but at least they'll know I'm not very happy!

I'll let you know if I learn anything new.

Regards,

Michael E. Dettner
d 403-398-2818 c 403-650-4714
----------------------------------------------
Ice Edge Business Solutions
6335 57 St SE, Calgary, AB T2C 5B1
P 800.605.6707 F 403.723.6644 www.ice-edge.com
Twitter<http://www.dirtt.net/stat/?val=i

Michael Dettner

Hi Karin,
My point exactly! Thanks for the validation. I thought I was going nuts!

Michael E. Dettner
d 403-398-2818 c 403-650-4714
----------------------------------------------
Ice Edge Business Solutions
6335 57 St SE, Calgary, AB T2C 5B1
P 800.605.6707 F 403.723.6644 www.ice-edge.com
Twitter<http://www.dirtt.net/stat/?val=i

D Price

Will keep an eye on this as agree file management can be cumbersome.

The ability to have a tree folder structure (sub and sub-sub folders) would be fundamental I think.

Also a flag against a folder to make it a "working" directory or "archived" directory would be useful. Perhaps the archive directories are shifted to the bottom of the list and are "greyed out"?

Leana Zona

Hey all, Jumping into this conversation as I am looking for similar functionality. 

I'm curious what workarounds your teams have utilized in the interim while we wait for this feature? We are a small team but have a large number of courses and each course is owned and shared by various individuals. We're looking for a way to centralize the "master" courses and the folders and archive capability might help if it comes, but I'm curious what your teams have implemented in terms of sharing and course ownership? 

Thank you!

Kayla Hambek

Also looking for this functionality - I love the ideas of removing courses from the main screen if they've been added to folders, and adding the ability to archive courses.  There are a number of courses I don't want to delete in case I need them in the future, but I certainly don't need to look at them every day.  I have over 200 courses on my dashboard - that's too many things!

Penny Spacht

I'm voting for this too!  I'd also like to have the ability to drag and drop courses into a folder as well as a way to add multiple items to a folder at one time. I have several co-workers completing major projects and are making all the other team members collaborators. We also have someone who is retiring and is transferring ownership of her files. I never know what my dashboard is going to look like from hour to hour.