Are Rise courses exportable?

Jul 27, 2020

Hi there,

Our team is interested in purchasing Articilate Rise as a course development tool for the export and import to a pre-existing LMS.

Through my research, I saw content that contradicts one another with whether Rise courses can be developed and then exported. In the past, I remember being able to do this, however on the FAQ it says that it cannot be exported. I'm confused.

Also, am I correct in saying that Articulate Rise can be purchased as a standalone product? (i.e. not purchasing Articulate 360).

Any clarification on this matter is highly appreciated.

Many thanks,
Samantha

2 Replies
Karl Muller

Hi Samantha,

Yes, you can export Rise courses to a LMS:

Can Rise 360 courses be hosted and tracked in a learning management system (LMS)?
Yes. You can export Rise 360 courses for AICC, SCORM 1.2, SCORM 2004, and Tin Can API (xAPI) learning management systems. Just open your Rise 360 course for editing, click Export in the upper right corner of the screen, and choose an LMS specification.

No, you cannot  purchase Articulate Rise can as a standalone product

Crystal Horn

Hi there, Samantha! The article you linked is from the help center of Rise.com, a separate service from Articulate 360.

In Rise.com, because you can create courses, and enroll learners, and track their progress all in one system, you don't need an LMS for Rise.com courses.

Rise 360, however, is included with Articulate 360, and it's strictly an authoring tool. Rise 360 output needs to be tracked in an LMS. This article gets into the differences between Rise 360 and Rise.com.

Let us know if you have questions!

This discussion is closed. You can start a new discussion or contact Articulate Support.