Edit exported Rise file in 2022?

Nov 24, 2022

Hi everyone, 

I know this question has been asked many times in the past; and from my own experience dealing with many Rise courses, there is no way that we can edit the exported Rise files except editing from the source file (either someone has to add me to the course or send the course copy to me), but is this still true in 2022? 

What about if I just wanted to remove one lesson from the Rise course (not doing any text content edits), could I do that in the exported file, for example, remove a <tag> </tag> from one of the exported files?

My answer is "No, we can't edit the exported file. We need to do that via online, source/copy course to edit or delete a lesson."

But someone insists that if we were just removing a lesson, we could do that in the exported tincan file...

Can anyone confirm that I didn't miss out any magic tricks to edit the exported Rise file?

It would be great if someone from Articulate can also confirm that there is no way to edit the exported Rise course, as this can serve me a data point when I talk to that group of people next time.  

Thank you so much for your help. 

2 Replies