Articulate Rise: Hiding the Page Title Area

Jun 09, 2017

Hi all,

I would like to hide the page title areas on my Articulate Rise pages. I found this 3 minute video on the web that explains exactly what I want, but he is modifying his HTML and CSS on his local computer. I think some folks will agree that his pages look more streamlined without the title area (for some projects).

http://www.learningdojo.net/articulate-rise-hiding-the-page-title-area/

I understand the basic concepts, but my file structures look different. (I would really be great if there were a feature in settings that allowed me to hide the title areas with a check block:).

Can someone help me out, please.

As always, thanks in advance to all the kind folks who help out.

Jeff

125 Replies
Heather Faraci

I too would love this feature. We design courses for different job titles and we are not the SME's just the designer of the materials. I have found where you can hide your name, which is good. I would like to add my own title page, something interactive even. I watched a training where a women used a dog gif in her course. It looked so fun. I want the ability to do that too. 

Anthony Goss

Hi, Alyssa!  Broader customizations to things like hiding page titles should be standard in Rise.  These things can easily be done with CSS, but to avoid us having to go into the code and modify it, it would be good to have a simple checkbox for hiding the page title.

USE CASE:

I often build stand alone blocks that I would like to embed inside of my website.  Rather than having them open in a new window, I would like the end user to be able to interact with them on the page.  Labeled graphics are perfect for this purpose.  By being able to hide the page title would make the process much easier.  

Phaylicia Murphy

Hi, this discussion was started almost 4 years ago and I'm having the same challenge today. Has there been any movement on the request/option to hide/remove the page title section? Although I can appreciate there is a work around, it just seems the ask to allow or disallow this option would be well worth it.

Thanks

Alyssa Gomez

Hi everyone! I'm excited  to share a new enhancement we added to lesson headers in Rise! 

Now you can select a header style and control the height of the header from the Theme > Lesson Headers page.

If you're going for a minimal header design, choose the Small header height. Let us know how it works for you! 

Daniel Nyakana

Wow, this was a long time coming. We have had this thread going for a few
years now. This feature should have a gone a bit further to hide the header
completely if needed. Having said that though, I'm really glad Articulate
listened and finally prioritized the building of this feature.

Daniel Nyakana

I've also often gone into the code to make this change. I remember the
earlier days of Rise when you couldn't even use your own fonts or color
schemes but those things have improved even though much more can be added
to make it functionally better.

I have to say I used to put my foot in it and break Rise 🙃 because it was
my go to tool, as my career advanced and my knowledge grew so did my
experience of the entire world of amazing publishing tools.

Rise was partially the answer to Storylines inability to conform to tablets
and phones. When building corporate online learning even with limited
functionality Rise can be great for almost anyone to quickly publish,
review and launch courses. This works for many folks and it gets the job
done in a timely manner in many corporate settings and learning needs. Is
it the most efficient authoring tool out there, perhaps not. Does it get
the job done with minimum fuss, yes it sure does.

Alyssa Gomez

Good news, everyone! We've just released a new feature that allows you to turn off the cover page when you publish for LMS to improve compatibility, streamline training, and get learners into content faster. Give it a try, and let us know if you have any questions about it!

Note: You can't hide the cover page for training created from Next Big Idea Club content templates.