Attached Storyline block to Rise with .mp4- images are blurry.

Feb 04, 2020

Hello- I have attached a video that is 1080p and a .mp4 format. The video looks great in Storyline, but when I publish and attach it as a Rise block, the video is blurry. Does anyone have any experience and found a fix?

6 Replies
Alyssa Gomez

Thanks, Christa. Would you be willing to share your Storyline 360 file with our team?

That way, we can add it to a Rise 360 course as a Storyline Block, and we can compare the original video quality to the video inside of Rise 360.

If that works for you, you can share your unpublished Storyline 360 file with us by clicking here. We'll be standing by!

Chris Davis

The first set of bullets was in another post.  I tried a similar approach for Storyline Blocks in rise and it worked.  I added the 2nd sets of bullets which has only a few more steps. 

• If uploading video directly to Rise - Here is a quick step-by-step for avoiding video compression and quality loss in Rise:
    • Step 1: Upload your video in Rise using the multimedia feature
    • Step 2: Export the SCORM package
    • Step 3: Unzip the exported SCORM package
    • Step 4: Go to folder scormcontent / assets and replace the video exported from Rise with the original video (uncompressed). It is essential to rename the video with the exact same title as the video exported from Rise. It will not play otherwise.
    • Step 5: Re-zip the package
  • If using a Storyline Block in Rise that has a video uploaded to the Storyline 360project - Here is a quick step-by-step for avoiding video compression and quality loss in Rise:
    • Step 1: Add your Storyline Block to Rise
    • Step 2: Export the SCORM package in Rise
    • Step 3: Unzip the exported SCORM package 
    • Step 4: Open scormcontent folder, assets folder, open folder (mine was labeled 0-TZXvtrsKAubKpl) that contains a folder called story_content (you may have to look through more than one folder), find and replace the video exported from Rise with the original video (uncompressed). It is essential to rename the video with the exact same title as the video exported from Rise. It will not play otherwise.
    • Step 5: Re-zip the package

Thank you Alin Andronache for the information.