Bad user experience using Storyline blocks in Rise 360

Mar 28, 2021

Hi community!

I was wondering if it's just me, but some of our users report bad user experience when they are in a storyline block in a Rise course.

They tell us that the loading times are terrible, and sometimes the activity crashes completly, and sometimes it forces the page to load again.

If the storyline file is quite simple, it tends to work well, but the moment I add a little bit of fun, like audio, or videos, it makes it very difficult, ESPECIALLY, when I create branching scenearios (it's not really convenient to always build the storyline activity in a linear mode).

To give you an idea, I created a more playful quiz, with video, music and animations, the file is just 53MB, but when some users play with it in Rise, the "game" crashes, or the loading time between slides is too much.

Have you experienced this? Did you find some solutions?

3 Replies
Hazel Bartolome

Hi TUI People Development! So sorry to hear that your learners are reporting slowness and crashing when viewing Storyline blocks in RIse. 

First I would like you to check if your users meet the system requirements for viewing content.

If yes, does the slow loading or crashing happen in all browsers, or just a specific browser? Are they accessing the course from a computer or a mobile device? 

Alyssa Gomez

Thanks for those details! Have you experienced slow performance yourself when testing the content on your computer or on an iPad? 

We'd be happy to test the content from our side, if that would help. Simply open a case here, and attach the Rise 360 output file to the case form. We'll have a look and let you know what we find!