Button block destination: Link to relative URL

Jun 06, 2024

Our Rise course has quite a few links in it. We have used Button blocks with the destination: Link to relative URL.

The links are opening in a new tab, but the tab the course is in then closes in the background.

I would really like to the links to open like a pop-up window, I am not sure how to make this happen.

I have spoken to our LMS vendor to check the issue is not is in the LMS, they believe the issue is within the SCORM itself.

Your advice please.

2 Replies
Eric Santos

Hello Fionna,

Happy to chime in! I appreciate you sharing the Rise published zipped output. I uploaded it to our testing LMS platform, SCORM Cloud, and noticed that clicking on the Button block opens the URL in a new tab. The tab containing the Rise course remained open but in another window.

Here's a Peek recording of what I see. You can also test the uploaded course in SCORM Cloud with this invite link. If what you see in SCORM Cloud differs from the tab behavior in your LMS, I recommend reaching out to your LMS administrator if there's a setting they can tweak to achieve your desired outcome.

Let me know if your LMS administrator needs any information from us. I'd be happy to help.