Can I share Storyline 360 blocks in rise with my team?

Jun 06, 2023

Does anyone know if it's possible to share Storyline 360 blocks published to Review 360?  I've created some set interactions that i've been adding to Rise as interactive blocks, but it'd be really useful if my team could see these published blocks, and or use them as well.

Thanks for any advice,

Ian

2 Replies
Judy Nollet

If your "team" actually has an Articulate Team license, you can add them as collaborators on the course. (Collaborative Authoring in Rise 360 - E-Learning Heroes (articulate.com) )

Otherwise, you can Send a copy of the Rise course to anyone with an Articulate license. Then, if desired, they can create a Block Template of the SL block to use wherever needed. (Rise: Block Templates )

If they need to be able to edit the SL block, you need to give them a copy of the .story file. Then they can edit that, publish it to Review, and insert the updated SL interaction into Rise.

Ian C

Thanks for the response Judy.  I had a sneaking suspicion that I would need to share the Storyline file so the team can then publish out their own versions of the blocks.  Not great from a version control  perspective, but we can mitigate the risk with proper naming conventions.

I was hoping the team would all have visibility and shared access to SL blocks i'd used directly.  Working across a team on lots of different content really needs full collaborative working/sharing of files.

For now i'll look into introducing greater sharing outside of articulate and manage another library of content.

You'd think file storage/data protection issues aside, articulate would want to actively encourage its customers to rely on them as a central repository of shared files.  It'd  make it much more difficult to switch platforms.

Thanks again,

Ian