Can my Rise SCORM courses update without needing to re-upload in my LMS?

Oct 13, 2023

Hi! PThis might be a silly question (I am new to authoring in SCORM files) but is there a way to have my SCORM files auto-update in my LMS (Lessonly) when I make edits/changes?

We use a vendor for some of our lessons, and when they make updates to their SCORM files, the LMS automatically updates to the newest version of the content. 

Is there a way to make this happen for our own content? A setting somewhere that will prompt the LMS to pull the newest version?
It feels very clunky to have to download a new version of each published SCORM and re-upload it. We are a software company and are constantly making updates to our training. Thanks!

4 Replies
Angelo Cruz

Hi Cait! Rise doesn't have a feature to automatically upload changes you made to the course onto your LMS.

Similar to what Karl mentioned about their LMS, you'll need to upload the updated version to your LMS platform for the changes to take effect. Depending on your LMS, the Rise 360 course you uploaded may be treated as an update or as a new course. You may want to check with your LMS administrator for more information when updating your courses.

Let me know if you have questions.