Captivate to Rise360 Course Identifier issues

Mar 02, 2023

Hi

I am in the process of converting approximately 100 courses built in Captivate to Rise360 so they can be used on mobile phones. It's a huge job. I am doing them in Rise because it automatically responds to devices, whereas in Storyline, it only makes mini versions of the learning available on devices, it doesn't fill the screen or use the phone's capabilities very well.

The problem is that Rise does not give me access to the Course_ID or SCO_ID fields so I cannot match them to our original IDs. Because of this, I am not able to upload the Rise360 zipped file to our LMS (DualCode - Moodle based) without the loss of learner historical data. I must retain the learner history.

I have worked with our vendor (DualCode) and have been shown a method to modify the imsmanifest file, but that means I would need to modify the file and upload it every time someone in the hospital decides to change content in a Rise file. So, I don't want to use this method; it's too labour intense and it is easy to miss a line modification in the manifest file.

Has anyone else had this issue, and if so, do you have some suggestions that I may look into to make this conversion to Rise work for us.

Thanks

Deb :)

6 Replies
St. Thomas Elgin General Hospital

Is Articulate / Rise addressing this issue? It is a HUGE issue for us and will cause hours of extra work. If the Articulate developers would keep the Manifest ID the same, each time the course is republished, it would save me from having to: download the zip file, unzip it, open imsmanifest file, copy the original Manifest ID that I have saved in a file, paste it over the newly generated manifest ID, save the file, zip all the files, then upload to LMS.  Every time there is a change in content, even a minor change, I have to go through this entire process because Articulate/Rise360 has generated a new manifest ID. can't you just keep it the same as the original publication? It makes me sad that we are using the Articulate products.... and I initially was so excited to switch to them :(

Anna Elvnejd

Does Articulate provide any information on what causes the manifest identifier to change?

I have made some changes in a Rise production, eg. adding some elements, changed some questions, added audio etc and exported to SCORM without any problems. But earlier today I was changing the setting for Theme > Navigation > Restrict Navigation to ON, and exported it. I have learned the hard way to always double check (unzip, compare the manifest id with the previous version) and this time I'm really glad I did, because the manifest id was changed. It would be helpful if the system could provide a warning/note that manifest identifier has changed.

Hazel Bartolome

Hi Anna! Each time you publish a Rise 360 course for LMS, it will generate a unique identifier. Right now, Rise 360 doesn't support versioning with the same identifier. We have this documented, and if we make any changes, we'll update this thread.

I also found a similar thread here and here that may be of help!

Anna Elvnejd

Thanks for your reply! However, I was wrong - it is the "item identifier" that we need to be the same for the LMS to recognize it as the same file, see also Moodle FAQ https://docs.moodle.org/401/en/SCORM_FAQ#SCORM_results_deleted_after_package_update. Do you have any documentation on when the "item identifier" can change?